Percentage is used to represent as a fraction of something over 100. (per cent)means per 100 and at the back of every percentage there is always this sign,%.
For example,55% when converted to fraction it would be 55/100 . Since percentage means a fraction of something over 100,just put the percent/100 when converting percentage to fraction. Same goes for decimal. 1.00=100%.When converting percentage to decimal just put the percentage behind "0.".
These are some examples:
I have 100 marbles and you have 200. If you want to express your marbles as a percentage of mine, the formula is
(no. of your marbles/ no. of my marbles) x 100%
but if it is expressing mine as a percentage of yours it will be
(no. of my marbles/no. of your marbles) x 100%
Let’s say that I have 50% of the stocks in this market and it decreased by 20%. The percentage of remaining sticks is not 50%-20%.It is 20/100 X 50%.
It works the same way as fraction. If I have half of the stocks then it decreased by 1/5, it is not ½ -1/5 . If it is decreased by 1/5 it should be left with 4/5 so the answer should be 4/5 x ½.
For percentage, it would be the percentage left/100 x original amount. It is the same for increase.
If there is a sale and it offers 10% discount and another 20% discount for member do not be fooled and sign up as a member. It may seem to you as 10% + 20% and a total of 30% discount but it is wrong. It’s actually 100% - 10% then 20/100 X 90% which is 28% in total not 30%.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've seen most of your posts and they are very informative. Is there more to it? Your content is not fully developed. Where is your post about National Education etc.? Please work on it.
ReplyDeleteWow!These is certainly very interesting and I enjoyed it. Your blog is indeed special and teached alot of useful stuff. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteIt's an amazing blog and contains many different topics with specific description. it's also very useful and I have benefitted from it
ReplyDeleteSigned
Lim Jing Yu
I like the blog,together with its designs and information.The blog is very attractive as the blog skin really brightens up the page and made the knowledgable information you post on the blog stand out.
ReplyDeleteSiuJoon
hmmm...Quite well explained and detailed, keep it up!
ReplyDeleteNice blog. It has key points and some information that are well explained to help others understand the topic further. Good job!
ReplyDeleteYi Jie